Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Spanish comment on the previous post ...

Professor Martinez very kindly left a comment in Spanish which Kevin O'Reilly equally kindly translated. For those who would like to know what it said:
I was upset on learning of the death of Prof. Kelly. In
October he invited me to Maynooth and treated me to a
generous helping of warm Irish hospitality. I attended
the traditional Mass with him, his wife, Marian, and my
wife, on the Sunday of Christ the King. He was moved by
the verses of St John of the Cross that I recited to
him: 'Where have you hidden Yourself, my Beloved, and
left me groaning? Like the deer you fled, leaving me
wounded. I went forth after you calling out aloud but
you had gone.' Now he has met the Beloved, Jesus
Christ. May he rest in peace. R.I.P.

1 comment:

lowdenclear said...

Beautiful.